As the Administrative Assistant, you are responsible to perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the department and/or managers and supervisors to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
• Answer, screen and transfer inbound calls
• Receive and direct incoming customers and/or visitors
• Faxing and filing
• Purchase and production contracts – preparing, sending and follow-up
• Data entry
• Maintain lunchroom and office supply inventories
• Organize food for company employee lunches
• Assist with employee orders and employee events
• Provide assistance with employee issues/inquires – new hire paperwork, benefits
administration, etc. Consults Human Resources as necessary
• Ensure facility security procedures are followed
• Coordinate couriers and interoffice communications
• Ensure completed contracts are filed as required
• Recording/receiving grain samples
• Prepare grain samples for analysis
• Grade field samples
Must have a valid driver's license.
• A minimum of Grade 12 with at least 2 years of administrative support. An office
education certificate is preferred but not required.
• Intermediate working knowledge of computers, MS Word, Excel and ability to
utilize online programs.
• Effective communication skills – both written and verbal.
• Ability to work independently as well as effectively within a team.
• Positive work ethic with flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing work
• Ability to follow instructions – both oral and written.
• Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize to meet timelines.
Simpson Seeds Inc., a family-owned, Saskatchewan-based company, has grown to become the largest privately owned specialty crop exporter in the province. With three location and over 35 years of experience in the buying, processing and selling of specialty grains, our growing company now employs over 100 employees and exports to over 80 countries. Simpson Seeds Inc. is proud to e on the list of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies - a standing we have held since 2012.