We are currently recruiting for the position of PLANT OPERATOR ASSISTANT at our Swift Current location. As an assistant, you will be oriented in all aspects of operating the plant, working alongside the Plant Operators.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible to assist in running both cleaning lines and doing all necessary transfers.
• Making sure that the plants and A,B,C pads are clean at the end of your shift.
• To make sure that the quality that you are cleaning is to desired specification or to the assigned sample provided to you by the Supervisor.
• To make all necessary adjustments to equipment when asked by operator.
• Help perform all scheduled maintenance (i.e. Greasing, gravity). This will also include filling out a yellow maintenance sheet for any major problems and giving it to your Supervisor.
• Doing plant picks/finished lots as required by operator.
• Making sure that there are composite samples taken of all transfers, reclaim, feed and refuse. Also, a sample is to be put in the sample shelf under the corresponding bin.
• Updating all bin board levels as they change.
• Responsible to know what is being cleaned (i.e. from cleaning note), and where.
• To keep up an updated screen inventory. This will include all damaged screens and frames. Please make sure to relay this information to a supervisor.
• To help make sure that all clean grain bins are cleaned thoroughly before cleaning to them.
• Maintain proper communication between all operators to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
• Operate PLC and sorter.
• Provide backup on truck dumping as required.
• To be a backup shipper or operator when needed.
• To dump backup finished lots, zip locks and boxes, when shelf is full.
• To ensure that all production sheets are delivered to office once they are done.
• Minimum of Grade 12 coupled with 1-2 years of continuous work experience.
• A mechanical aptitude.
• Positive work ethic and the ability to adapt to changing work conditions.
• Ability to follow instructions – both oral and written.
• Availability to work shift work – Days/Evenings/Nights – Weekdays and weekends.
• Attention to detail and the ability to meet timelines.
• Ability to work effectively with a team, as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
• Effective communication skills – both verbally and in writing.
• Critical thinking and decision-making.
• Core computer skills.
We thank all candidates for their application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Simpson Seeds Inc., a family-owned, Saskatchewan based company, has grown to become the largest privately-owned specialty crop exporter in the province. With three locations and over 35 years of experience in the buying, processing and selling of specialty grains, our growing company now employs over 100 people and exports to over 80 countries. Simpson Seeds Inc. is proud to be on the list of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies - a standing we have held since 2012.