We are currently recruiting for the position of GRAIN RECEIVER/TRUCK DUMPER at our Moose Jaw location. In this position, you are responsible for receiving grain and coordinating the dumping of all trucks into the appropriate bins in a timely and correct manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure that truck tops are inspected by the Grain Coordinator or Grain Buyer.
• To get a requisition form from the Grain Coordinator before dumping any grain.
• Ensure gross and tare weights are done on all trucks.
• Be aware of bin levels at all times and to know what is in each bin at all times. Must keep the bin board in the scale house updated daily.
• Before dumping any truck make sure you radio for a double check on the bin you are dumping into. This will ensure that the correct load is going into the correct location.
• If you are not sure you are setting up a bin right please radio for assistance.
• When dumping a truck take accurate sample throughout the load.
• When you are done dumping a truck sweep all grain into the dumping pit right after the truck is dumped.
• Prepare a sample after the truck is done dumping and deliver it to the sample office. Include the scale ticket and requisition form with the sample.
• When you are taking a sample of the grain and you notice that the grain has a lot of wheat, fertilizer, other grains, please stop and bring the sample to the sample room and have it checked by the Grain Coordinator or the Grain Buyer.
• Provide superior customer service when dealing with all customers. If there is a break down or any issue, please explain to the drivers that there will be a delay and that we will be with them shortly.
• The leg and drags must be cleaned before dumping a truck. This also includes cleaning out the leg between different products.
• Keep the dumping pit in good order. It should be cleaned and free of water at all times.
• Clean the scale and area daily to keep free of debris.
• Maintain a clean scale house and dump shack at all times.
• Ensure that all sump pumps are working properly at all times. Notify the Maintenance Manager of action items.
• At the end of your shift, clean up any wheel barrows and make sure the dumping area is clean and free of grain.
• As time permits, assist in other areas – warehouse, yard maintenance or shipping. Check daily in the sample room to see if there are any pails or bags to be dumped.
• A minimum of some secondary education with 1 year of experience in a receiving department is preferred.
• A valid driver’s license is required.
• Superior attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
• An ability to perform repetitive tasks.
• An ability to work in a dusty, noisy work environment.
• Effective communication skills, both interpersonal and in writing.
• Ability to work as a team and to work independently if required.
• A farming background is a definite asset.
We thank all candidates for their application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Simpson Seeds Inc., a family-owned, Saskatchewan-based company, has grown to become the largest privately-owned specialty crop exporter in the province. With three locations and over 35 years of experience in the buying, processing and selling of specialty grains, our growing company now employs over 100 employees and exports to over 80 countries. Simpson Seeds Inc. is proud to be on the list of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies a standing we have held since 2012.